Once in awhile we think about this and it gets deeply in our brain that it makes us restless. Is it because we started our blogs without a plan? Or have we reached our limit in giving good content to our reader? Where do we see our blogs 5 years from now?
Blogging has this hidden requirement that’s not always being talked about. How committed are you when you chose to start your blog? Tricky, tricky, tricky. Just a question you can ask yourself after you finish reading this. Or you can stop reading now and think about it.
No, it’s not because you reached your limit. It so happened that your brain needed fresh ideas. It’s not bad to ask for suggestions right? So why don’t we start laying down some things that can help us in improving our blog
On Blog Posts
Writer’s Block is a common problem for bloggers. There are times that nothing seems to work out when we write or “the idea doesn’t seem right” kind of thing. Fresh ideas, anyone?
- Go to your archive and visit old posts. See if you can look at a particular post on another angle. Try putting your foot on someone else’s shoes. It will give you new insights in that to write.
- Blogs are like small communities. Why not feature a reader? Put them on the spotlight and show that you care about them.
- Tell your readers that you’re having writer’s block and ask them what they want to know from you.
- Play around the categories you created. You created some right?
Does our blog represent who we are? What we do? And how we want the world to acknowledge us? If yes, maybe you should start thinking about these.
- Professional or personal, a decent looking blog can catch a potential reader’s eyes. Why is it so cluttered? How smart is your theme?
- Common, is that a blog or an advertising billboard? Ok, you want to make some money but please oh please, there’s more banner in your blog compared with content.
- Do you really need all those widgets moving in your sidebars? Really?
- When’s the last time you checked your blog’s performance? Slow? Very slow?
Yeah, we forgot many of these things. There are so many things that we can do to continuously bring our blogs to the next level. It’s just a matter of time and commitment. Want to share some of your thought? Leave a comment below. Sharing is sexy you know.