Using social media as one of your marketing tools for your business certainly has many benefits. It is a great way to develop channels of communications between you and your clients. There are a lot of social media tools. However, as the technology rapidly changes, so has its applications.
For starters, here are some tips to get you going.
One such application that is very important online is the tool for listening called news reader. This software allows you to understand the conversation going on in the field. It lets you further understand what you are hearing.
Experts say that Google Reader is highly recommendable because it’s user-friendly and can give out information fairly fast. Depending on how you intend to use this tool, here are some tips on how to get around this application.
- Use tools like Google Blogsearch and Technorati to build search on a company, product, or key employee’s names and build the same for your competitors.
- Look for blogs on your kind of industry and category then subscribe to them.
- To help you use this reader more often, add a few favourites such as your hobby.
- Hundreds of tools foe speaking exists. There are a lot of platforms, and users are advised to use something they prefer and comfortable with.
- Here are some ideas on how to improve the quality of your speaking:
- Improve your RSS feed and use FeedBurner. Promote that feed as your subscription mechanism.
- Use social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace to lead people to your primary media.
- Do make sure that there is a URL on your email signature and your business card to reach other people.
- For people to know who you are, where you are, how to reach you, and what you are all about, make sure that your media points back to you.
Social networking sites are launched every so often. You may want to use them for your social media experience. Here are some of the most popular ones.
- Twitter- It is a great venue to meet other people and build digital relationship.
- Facebook- With millions of active users, you will certainly have a huge audience and can be a good place to meet other people who might like your interest.
- LinkedIn- This is like having your own resume posted online, and can mean another alternative to meet other people in the business.
Other social networking sites have a great community for various interest, and there are a lot more out there.
- Audio, video, audio hosting, and video hosting are another tools aside from blogging. For starters, here are some suggestions for audio and vieo podcasts.
- Audio- Try Audacity because it is free and open source, and can instantly work on several platforms. Utterz, Talkshoe, and BlogTalkRadio has its advantages and opportunities.
- Video- iMovie for Mac and Windows Movie Maker for PC. For those who really want to do a classic, FinalCut Express is a sure shot.
- Audio hosting- PodPress is highly recommended if you’re a WordPress user. Ourmedia may be a bit slow but is also a good tool.
- Video Hosting- Who doesn’t know YouTube? The core concept of video marketing on YouTube is to harness the power of the site’s traffic. But try Blip.tv, Vimeo, Revver, and Viddler to name a few. I strongly recommend Blip.tv, and then beyond that there are tons of great services like Vimeo, Viddler, Revver, and tons and tons more.
- Live video- To build interesting and compelling opportunities with live vide, Ustream, BlogTV, and Paltalk offer one of a kind experiences in this world.
There are other tools for social media, and the Internet is just a click away. Try to be more vigilant in researching and you may find something that is useful for you.
If you enjoyed this post or found it useful, please leave a comment or you can subscribe to our RSS feed for future posts