Small businesses may start out small, but every SME owner has dreams of having their business take off and get bigger. And for those who have already started using basic social media marketing strategies to get their business noticed on the World Wide Web, it’s about time we take things up a notch higher.
If you’re an SME owner and have already integrated the use of sites like Twitter or Facebook for your company, then well and good. You’re already reaching out to your potential market on the Internet.
But you also have to think beyond just using social networking sites. You’ve got to up your social media marketing strategies further by going outside the normal social media avenues. How can you do that, here are some tips to help you get going:
1. Zoom in on local social networks. By signing up on social networking sites that cater to communities within your business’ vicinity, you make your presence known to people in the social web who may not be aware that your business is just within reach. This could open up your company to business from the locals.
2. Combine your online and offline marketing strategies. If you’re still handing out fliers or posting ads on your local radio station or newspaper, include your social profile on the ad. Include your Facebook fan page or your Twitter home page at the bottom of the print ad or have it mentioned at the end of your radio ad. Doing so can help significantly increase your online community, which, in turn, can also up your chances of converting followers into actual customers.
3. Step out of the usual text only ads. You’ve got multiple media to play with. There are pictures, videos, and audio clips to experiment with. Why not post a picture of your products, make a video of how to use your product, or do a podcast on how you can use your product for something aside from its intended use? It makes the information sharing more entertaining, something which people want to see.
4. Give something back to your followers. They’ve given you their time by following your social media profiles; why not give something back by holding contests or offering discounts? It may seem like a risky move to take, but if you do it right, you’ll make a lot of followers happy, making them more loyal patrons, and who knows, maybe even strong advocates about your business?
You guys could probably come up with more ideas on how to take social media marketing strategies up one step. Why don’t you share them over at the comments section and discuss it some more? I’d love to hear your ideas.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Social Media Marketing – Finding the Right Business Rhythm (marketingpr.suite101.com)
- Facebook Marketing: Behind the scenes of the Meteor Facebook Page (myventurepad.com)
- Email List Marketing For Business Profit (sweetbusinesses.com)