Blogs, in simple terms, are online journals where your posts or journal entries appear with the most recent one at the top. You can think of it as an online diary where you can post your thoughts and ideas, or share information you have. What makes a blog different from any other websites?
- You can set the tone of the blog. Make it sound personal and conversational, or professional and informative, it’s entirely up to you.
- You have the flexibility to write about anything and everything. You may choose to write about a specific niche or specialization, or choose to go with random entries. You have total control of what to write in your blog.
- Inserting links is made easier in blogs. This will make referencing what you’ve written in your previous posts easier for you. At the same time, it would help your readers find out more information about the topic you’re writing about.
- A comment section is included in every blog post wherein readers can post their thoughts and opinions about your entry. In the same way, you can reply to their messages through that as well. It acts as a message board that connects you to your readers.
- Readers can easily subscribe to blogs. With the help of RSS technology, subscription options make it easier for readers to know when there is new content.
There are a lot of popular blog service providers out there. Among them, Blogger and WordPress. You need not worry about having to deal with complicated navigation controls because most blog sites have been made user-friendly to encourage even those who aren’t so computer-savvy to give it a go. Set up your own blog account and give it a go. Not only will blogging give you a means to reach out to people, it will also give you a new outlet to put in your thoughts and ideas on.
If you enjoyed this post or found it useful, please leave a comment or you can subscribe to our RSS feed for future posts