One of the many tools that we tell people to use for their social media marketing strategy is YouTube. It is, after all, one of the more popular video streaming sites in the world.
Sure enough, posting videos is easy. But it’ll take more than simply adding videos to show in your channel to make it an effective social marketing tool. Unfortunately, many seem to make this mistake. Here are some tips on how you can successfully use YouTube for your social media marketing plan.
1. Always put keywords in your title. You know how in SEO, you were told that spiders use keywords to browse through content and use those keywords to choose content to display for every search? That’s the same reason behind this principle. You want these keywords to be front and center when spiders start looking for relevant content for searches.
2. Always incorporate call to action with your video posts. There are two ways for you to do this: one, by actually mentioning your call to action in your video; two, by putting a pop-up call-to-action message in the middle of the video; or three, by adding a call-to-action message on the video or channel description. You need to tell people what you want them to do, and you should do that while they’re still on your channel page.
Now, let’s move on to you. How do you go about using YouTube for your social media marketing? And also, if you have any other tips to add on how to effectively use YouTube for marketing, please don’t hesitate to add them over at the comments section.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Social Media to Become Focus for Marketers in 2010 (prweb.com)
- 84% of Marketers to Shift Portion of Direct Marketing Budgets to Social Media (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Social Media Marketing Plan (opencircle.co.za)